Madan Bhandari Academy of Health Sciences (MBAHS) has founded the Madan Bhandari Academy of Health Sciences Research Center under MBAHS regulations 2077 to research the field of health sciences in order to produce quality and other internationally recognized qualified manpower.
MBAHS research centers’ vision and mission are to develop itself as a nation’s leading center for creative, cutting edge, and high-quality research and enhance people’s lives (healthcare) through innovative and high-quality research.
To expedite clinical research, we will have dedicated faculties and staff. Our faculties and state of art infrastructure will provide excellence in broadening and enriching of researchers.
In accordance with legislative prerequisites, it will distinguish significant medical problems liable to emerge, how MBAHS will manage these issues, including the ongoing effect of COVID-19, and our approach for medical and health researches.
For this purpose, we have chosen the Loktantrik park of Kamane-8, Hetauda which covers a total area of 8200 square meters, built under the funding of District Coordination Committee, to establish it as a research center of Madan Bhandari academy of Health Sciences.
MBAHS research center is divided into various units to broaden the academy’s research activities, including a research training unit, a research liaison unit, a journal publishing unit, an operational unit, and a monitoring and supervision unit well as research laboratories.
The research center is undergoing changes from infrastructure to human resources.
The following are the research policies that were approved by the second senate meeting on October 16th (30th of Chaitra) and published in the document titled ‘Policies, Plans, and Programs of MBAHS 2077':
- Policy on use of MBAHS in association with industry or product endorsement.
- Policy on authorship of scholarly publication.
- Policy on grant for training and research activities.
- Policy on undertaking suitable research projects especially pertinent to Nepalese context.
- Research collaboration policy- policy on collaborating with national and international research council organization.
- Policy on intellectual property rights.
- Policy on research Excellence.
- Volunteers in research
- Research equipment policy.
- Research laboratory space.
Plans and Programs:
- Development of the Research Enterprise at New Schools.
- Training physician researchers.
- Research universities can develop knowledge and train talent to compete in the global knowledge economy.
- Rewarding international publications, supporting research of an international standard, encouraging applied research and technology transfer, and using research resources for talent development to enhance its research excellence Centre for bio-information.
- Center for bio-science, translational and clinical research.
- Center for Journal publication.
- Center for IRC ethical review.
- Center for Data analysis, scientific writing.